Still in the woodshed

Literally still in the woodshed (to use a term from the bebop era). I will post images of my show at our corporate gallery after it goes up next weekend. It's a mixed bag of working through older trains of thought and developing new ideas to explore. The exercise of doing a lot of small scale things over a short period of time is kind of freeing (if it didn't overlap a silly-busy work schedule otherwise). It's given me a more clear idea of what I want to proceed with- the process itself of layering and fusing as an essential element of the imagery itself. My own conscious mark making is the other variable- loopy off kilter spirals and loose quasi-accidental visual noise. I am moving away from the earlier graphic stuff into a more painterly process although a little graphic stuff never hurts from time to time.

Back to work now.

Comments

Popular Posts